3 Elements Wide Band Yagi 27.4-28.7mhz)

 

3 Element Wide Band Yagi ( 27.4 - 28.7 mhz )

Since so much CB Radio Operators are also licensed Amateur Radio Operators , I did a Wideband design of my 3 Element 11m Yagi .
Utilizing the same 10 ft boom , I was able to design an antenna that has good SWR ( 1.3 <--> 1.3 ) from 27.300 mhz to 28.700 mhz . However to get such a large bandwidth , I had to sacrifice gain and front to back .

SPECIFICATIONS.....
Boom length = 10 ft
Gain ( free Space ) = 6.54 DBI  ----- Modeled at 40 ft height = 6 DBD
Front to Back ( FB ) = 17 DBD


Feed Point is a Split dipole , so the antenna can be directly fed with 50 ohm coax with a 1:1 choke balun ...... trying to design this wideband antenna using a Gamma Match , I was unable to get the wideband characteristic .

I hope someone tries this design out , I am in the process of designing a 4 element wideband Yagi that may have a boom length of 16 ft , as requested by a local operator .








Split Dipole Diagram



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HB9CV